Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Running away to Aspen

As I mentioned a few posts ago, Corey and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary this year and to celebrate we ran away last week to Aspen, CO with our good friends Ty and Carrie (who also celebrated their 10 years this year also). We started out our trip right, or at lest the guys did, Corey and Ty lucked out and were able to golf on one of the most amazing private courses for free and Carrie and I went to the spa for one of the worst facials I have ever had!! After our disappointment, Carrie and I drove into Aspen to get checked in and found that Corey had left me a letter and flowers, as I read my sweet letter, I completely forgot about how disappointing our trip had started and sat in my room sobbing as I read Corey's letter to me. If I ever had had any doubts about us, (which I didn't) it would have been all cleared up, I truly believe I fell in love all over again.

Then, to make a long story short, the rest of our weekend was filled with hiking (at a 15-35% grade for 4 miles!), biking (I love going down... hill....stop it!!!), snowball fights (yes in June, at 12,500 feet at the end of our hike), GREAT food (not including the "big ass pickle" which I intend to try next time), movies (a little uncomfortable sitting next to a 10 year old during the Love Guru) , shopping (when we can't really afford anything in the stores, unless it's the "hand towel" Carrie bought), ice cream (we never went back for the other flavors!), awesome breakfasts in a bar (only in Aspen), hand stand contests (ssshhhhh!), and much more that you may just have had to be there for!

Thanks Tolman's for celebrating 10 years with us, here's to 10 more!!!!

(pictures to come....right Carrie?)

4 comments:

Madi said...

I think I might save the "hand towel" for a day when Ty is mad at me...just to show him! Still wishing we had tried the fried pickles..why didn't we Cory? Thanks for the memories. We always have so much fun with you guys!

Madi said...

Pictures are coming by the way...count to flippin 10!!!

Nick Scott Family said...

TEN YEARS???? I can't believe it - let's get together soon!

G&G Martin said...

Sorry your facials were a bust. You were so excited about it. Guess everything else made up for it though.